Increase your Financial Competence with our Business Finance Training
Increasing the financial knowledge within your organization has clear bottom line impact.
We will train you on the basics of the financial statements and so you can understand the story the numbers tell.
Live Financial Statements Training
Live training provides the best method for learning difficult subjects. Financial training is made more effective by customizing it using your financial numbers, key performance indicators (KPI’s), and strategy. Having participants use your numbers solidifies the training and relates it back to their jobs. Comparing your results with those of a competitor teaches a bigger picture. Participants are able to ask questions and get direct feedback which improves their learning. They will become fluent with the income statement, balance sheet, and statement of cash flows and stay engaged through the use of stories and the latest adult learning techniques.
Financial Statements Training Topics
- Read, understand, and analyze the income statement, balance sheet, and statement of cash flows
- Key financial terms and concepts including revenue recognition, capitalization policies, matching principle, EBIT, EBITDA, and free cash flow
- Financial ratio analysis, yours and competitor’s
- Financial expectations and measures used on Wall Street
- Case study analysis of your annual report, financial statements, and earnings releases
- Earnings call review (yours or your clients’)
- Working capital management including Days Sales Outstanding (DSO), Days Payable Outstanding (DPO), and Days In Inventory (DII)
- Return on investment/capital budgeting methodologies, cost of capital, time value of money, future value, and present value
Focus Your Live Financial Training Classes to Your Audience
Financial Intelligence for Managers and Leaders
This class will not only illuminate key financial concepts for your managers, but also demonstrate how to use and apply them.
- Strong decision-making. A thorough understanding of the key financial concepts needed to make more effective decisions.
- Effective communication. The ability to communicate effectively with financial executives, bosses, subordinates and the marketplace.
- Balanced perspective. Understanding the art of finance so that the bias in the numbers is known and can be taken into account.
- Financial analysis. The ability to tell any company’s story (your own, a client’s, or a competitor’s) through reading and analyzing its financial statements.
- Creating shareholder value. The ability to make ROI decisions that have a positive impact on shareholder value.
Financial Intelligence for Salespeople
- Speak the language of executives. Actively participate in financial conversations with executives and build instant credibility.
- Focused communication. Communicate directly about the customer’s financial goals and needs to explore opportunities more quickly.
- Effective research. Plan ahead with powerful research of their financials so you are prepared to contribute.
- Strong analysis. Use analysis to understand customer’s needs and deliver solutions that exactly meet their needs.
Financial Intelligence for Employees
- Describe how profit and cash are generated – and why they’re each vitally important.
- Identify your key financial measures.
- Develop a line of sight between their actions and the company’s bottom line.
- Read your financial statements at a basic level each quarter.
- Explain the key measures used by shareholders, lenders, and analysts.
- Align their actions with the company’s financial goals and respond to variances as you would like them to.
Financial Intelligence for Human Resources (HR)
- Become an effective advocate, leader, and business partner
- Financial analysis. Understand the income statement, balance sheet, and statement of cash flows and what assumptions might be embedded in them.
- Understanding analysis. Analyze the numbers in depth, use the analysis to make informed decisions.
- Master financial terminology used by finance, accounting – and your leadership.
Contact us at 818-591-5955 and we can help you think through the appropriate content and customization for your needs and target audience.